"Let's Brush is a tool to help you brush your teeth better and more efficiently. It can be used with an electric toothbrush as well as an old-fashioned 'hand driven' one. Let's Brush makes sure by timing that each part of the mouth gets proper cleaning.
Let's Brush is not a substitute for brushing !
For a healthy mouth and a great smile it is recommended that you:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day with a soft-bristled brush. The size and shape of the brush should allow you to reach all areas of your mouth easily. It also helps if the handle of the toothbrush fits well in your hand.
- Replace your toothbrush about every three months, or sooner if the bristles get frayed.
- Use an ADA-accepted tooth paste.
- Rinse your toothbrush after use and let it air dry.
The proper brushing technique is to:
- Place the toothbrush at a 45-degree angle to your gums.
- Move the brush back and forth gently in short (tooth-wide) strokes.
- Brush the outer surfaces, the inner surfaces, and the chewing surfaces of the teeth.
- To clean the inside surfaces of the front teeth, tilt the brush vertically and make up-and-down strokes.
- Brush your tongue to remove bacteria - this also helps to keep your breath fresh.
To keep teeth and gums healthy you should also:
- Clean between teeth daily with floss or an interdental cleaner.
- Limit between-meal snacks and sugary drinks.
- Visit a dentist regularly for professional cleanings and oral exams.